You Are a Theologian: An Invitation to Know and Love God Well by Jen Wilkin & JT English
Theology can be intimidating. Perhaps questions like these have kept you from engaging with it: “What is theology?” “Who does theology?” “What happens if I get something wrong?”
Theology can be intimidating. But it doesn’t have to be. Whether conversations about theology have felt out of reach, over your head, or irrelevant, consider this book an invitation to the dialogue.
The goal of theology is knowing and loving God well. This is a lifelong endeavor, a never-ending pursuit, not for the sake of knowledge, but for an ever-deepening relationship with God Himself. Authors Jen Wilkin and J. T. English invite you to become not merely a consumer of theology, but a contributor to the conversation, and to grow in faithfulness to the Great Commission’s call to make disciples.
You are a theologian.
You Are a Theologian addresses theological questions such as:
- Who is God? The Doctrine of the Trinity
- What is God like? The Attributes of God
- What is the Bible? The Doctrine of Scripture
- Who are we? The Doctrine of Humanity
- What went wrong? The Doctrine of Sin
- What has God done? The Doctrines of Christology, Atonement, and Justification
- To whom do we belong? The Doctrine of the Church
- How does the story end? The Doctrine of Last Things