Africa Bible Commentary - Zondervan
The Africa Bible Commentary is a unique publishing event—the first one-volume Bible commentary produced in Africa by African theologians to meet the needs of African pastors, students, and lay leaders.
Interpreting and applying the Bible in the light of African culture and realities, the Africa Bible Commentary furnishes powerful and relevant insights into the biblical text that transcend Africa in their significance. It gives a section-by-section interpretation that provides a contextual, readable, affordable, and immensely useful guide to the entire Bible. Readers around the world will benefit from and appreciate the commentary’s fresh insights and direct style that engage both heart and mind.
- Produced by African biblical scholars, in Africa, for Africa—and for the world
- Section-by-section interpretive commentary and application
- More than 70 special articles dealing with topics of key importance in to ministry in Africa today, but that have global implications
- 70 African contributors from both English- and French-speaking countries
- Transcends the African context with insights into the biblical text and the Christian faith for readers worldwide
Femi B. Adeleye has been involved in student ministry with the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES) for more than thirty years. He is now IFES Associate General Secretary for Partnership & Collaboration, working to nurture nationally led Christian student witness that will produce a new generation of leaders for the church and nations of Africa and beyond. Born in Nigeria, he is currently based in Ghana. He was one of the key speakers at the 2010 Lausanne Congress in Cape Town. He is married to Affy Adeleye and they have four children.